
This is the bane of my existence right here:
That's right, the washing machine. I have a love hate relationship with it. I LOVE that it gets my clothes clean and that my family does not have to stink on a regular basis. But that's where the love ends. I HATE laundry. It is never ending. It does not fold itself. It does not hang itself back up in the closet. And just when you think you have it all under control, there is more, lurking its evil head around the corner of your child's bedroom door. But this problem is not a new one to any of you mothers out there. The never ending laundry cycle seems to be at all of our homes.
But my problem with the washing machine goes a step further. You see, I have a problem. It may be a "bordering on needing a twelve step" kind of problem. I don't check pockets. Occasionally this has turned out for my benefit when I make some money off of the laundry. But more often than not, it turns out with that sinking feeling of "Oh no I've done it again". So I am here to confess the things that I have washed:
1. an iPod
2. a cell phone
3. 1,000 guitar picks
4. JP's wallet
5. JP's wallet
6. JP's wallet
7. JP's wallet
8. JP's wallet.
No, that's not a mistake. I have literally washed JP's wallet 5 times now....the most recent being this past Monday. JP uses his wallet to house not just the usual credit cards and cash, but also his business receipts. The ones he needs to turn in to keep an official record of. And he sometimes keeps checks that he receives from families to pay for different youth events. Neither one of these things hold up well in the wash. If you want I can tell you which restaurants in town use better ink than others, but that would just be encouraging this bad habit I have. So this week I had to once again hang my head in shame and apologize to the bookkeeper at church for the terrible shape JP's receipts are in. And I had to contact a church family and ask them to re-write their check because the one I have looks like a dog ate it. Please help me...I have a problem. And I think if I wash the wallet one more time, I will be demoted off doing laundry at our house. Hmmmm maybe that's not such a bad idea.

3 comments:
Question: Why is it your responsibility to check pockets? Isn't your husband old enough to take his wallet out of his pocket before he tosses his trousers on the floor?
Hmm, JPs stuff, JPs stuff, JPs stuff. Where you -should- check pockets, shouldn't he be checking for valuables in his pockets before discarding his soiled clothing into the bin/floor/laundry room? I wanna back a brotha up, but this is a 50/50 responsibility here ;p
Yes, yes, yes. JP is old enough and responsible enough to take his valuables out of his pockets. Which is why I don't lose tooooo much sleep over this issue.
Post a Comment