I am not a guilt ridden person. I just don't feel guilt. In fact, I think I have a gift for helping others get over their guilt. So don't even try to make me feel guilty for not blogging for awhile. It's my blog...my life. But because I do have soooo many blog followers (I think I'm up to 13 now!) I am here to provide some glimpses into the Robinson life for those of you who may care. Besides, I have given up Facebook for Lent and I need another outlet for my stories.
I'd love to have some witty, funny story to share, but the story that dragged me back to my computer is instead one of those "isn't my kid the greatest?!" moments. So excuse me while I brag on my son awhile. This one deserves bragging!
John Mark came home from school today with a book in his hands. He told me that he bought it for a quarter at the used book fair (of course he had to borrow money from his teacher because I forgot to send him with some...side note of motherly incompetence). I fully expected some Bakugan or Star Wars book. But this is the book he bought:

I was a little shocked. After all, this is a devotional book designed for teenagers. There are no pictures, no cool graphics, no stick figures talking about poops or farts. So I asked him why he picked this book. He told me "I saw the word Jesus. And I think I just want to take things up a level." He then proceeded to show me the scriptures and questions in the book that he was excited to read about. May I remind you that the kid is not even 7 yet!?!!! I immediately had to call JP (who is in Atlanta). His comment was "Who is this kid going to be someday?" I agree. John Mark has a HUGE heart. And I'd like to think it is not just because he is a PK. It's just who God made him to be. He loves people, loves the Lord and thinks people should love the Lord. He is always willing to stop and pray for someone. And if you ask him to pray, he won't forget. He has been diligently praying for our Compassion child for over a year....every day!
This is a day I will treasure forever. Kind of like Mary.
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart"

3 comments:
Good kid - good parenting - good job! kjc
gosh.
Thank you for blogging again - hope you don't think I was trying to make you feel guilty :)
This post was totally worth waiting for; what great kids you have.
Plus, I'm following you now!
Post a Comment