Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mom and Riley Day

For the past 3-4 years, JP has had periodic "John Mark and Daddy Day"s. They are special days that are all about spending time together doing some ordinary and not so ordinary things. Times to celebrate the special relationship between a father and a son. Times to lock in the memory bank for when he is older and only wants to hang out with his friends.


So this past Friday, Riley and I had a "Mom and Riley Day". We planned it all week. When I asked her if she wanted to know where we were going she said "No, don't tell me. I want to be surprised!". So unlike her mother. But we got up on Friday morning and she was bursting at the seams.

We started out our day with a trip to Michaels to get some craft supplies. Like her mother, the girl loves crafts!

Then we headed to the bookstore (for me) and then to pick out some new earrings for her to wear with her Easter dress. Easter will be the first time she will be allowed to change her earrings so I wanted it to be a big deal.

Then we headed to lunch at her choice of restaurants. She chose TGIFridays. I chose the french fried green beans, but I think she ate more than me!

Then we headed to Third Coast Clay to paint pottery. Riley painted a jewelry box in the shape of a flower (to hold her new earrings in) and I painted a mug to commemorate our day (sorry I forgot to take a picture of that one!).

We ended the day with a viewing of the Princess and the Frog. If you haven't seen it yet, GO GET IT! It was fabulous! At times a little too real with the voodoo, but a great movie. Riley even cried at the end....once again, so NOT like her mother.

No comments: