Friday, March 13, 2009

A Special Place in Heaven

I am supposed to be cleaning my house in preparation for the arrival of my in-laws, but I had to take a moment to blog about what I consider possibly the worst household chore ever.....changing the sheets on the top bunk bed. Seriously, there is nothing easy or glamorous about a large grown woman crawling around on the top bunk trying to tuck in clean sheets. I break a sweat doing this job, which is why I don't do it very often (note: John Mark sleeps on the bottom bunk 99% of the time so don't think that I never change sheets around here!). While I was crawling around up there, cursing the man who invented bunk beds (and yes, I'm pretty sure that it was a man because they are usually not the ones changing sheets!!), I came to a few realizations:
1. I'm pretty sure that the reason that college students don't change their sheets more often has nothing to do with money and more to do with the abundance of bunk beds in college.
2. I'm thankful that I don't have a bed wetter who sleeps on the top bunk.
3. I'm convinced that in hell, people will have to change the sheets on top bunks over and over and over while considering their eternal separation from God. Meanwhile, I will be hangin' with Jesus in the special corner of heaven reserved for those who faithfully survived this task, basking in the forgiveness I have received for the unwholesome talk that came out of my mouth doing it!

6 comments:

Nothing but the Krums said...

You crack me up! I will remember that when it comes time to put Ainsley in bunk beds. She will sleep in the bottom bunk 99% of the time too!

J.P. Robinson said...

I just laughed out loud!

Melanie said...

jillllll...oh my word...this was hilarious.

and can I just add that I slept on the top bunk for a whole year in the college dorms, and even for someone 6 feet tall, bunk beds are a spawn of Satan. but now that I'm thinking about it, it's quite possible that I only washed those sheets like twice that whole year...

Melanie said...

jilll...oh my word...hilarious.

i slept on the top bunk for a whole year in college. I'm 6'0 tall and still think bunk beds are the spawn of Satan. but come to think of it, I may have only washed my sheets like a couple of times that whole year...

Melanie said...

HAHA...okay I didn't understand why I couldn't see that first comment. and then I realized that it said you have to have owner approval. HA...so you have two very similar comments from me :)

melissa said...

jill, putting sheets on the top bunk of a bunk bed is not a very old memory for me. my next door neighbor used to laugh and laugh at the fact that putting sheets on my bed was an activity that i'd practically block my night out for. i hated it, it took me forever..i would take breaks out of frustration..she would usually come keep me company when i decided to confront the dreaded task..