Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mother of the Year

Here are my top three entrees from this weekend for the Mother of the Year contest. I know that you would definitely vote for me after reading these:

1. During a discussion about fire safety at the dinner table:
John Mark: What would we do if there was a fire and we couldn't get out the doors since our windows don't open? Where would we escape?
Mom: We would escape to Heaven.
John Mark: You mean we would die?
Mom: Yes
John Mark: That's not being a very good mom.

2. My children know not to wake me in the morning. I have taught them to be self-sufficient as they wait for me to get up. Today, I woke up and John Mark had a blister from burning himself on the toaster. I guess I forgot to tell them not to use major appliances.

3. Tonight's dinner menu: Honey Nut Cheerios with Chocolate Milk on them. I'm sure the nutrition factor was off the charts!

2 comments:

Grace and Fam said...

Okay, I was trying to be so quiet checking computer stuff this morning while Gracey continues sleeping and this post just made me laugh so hard...I needed it though!! You are a great mom, by the way.

erica osborn said...

i think that's one of the best dinners possible.
You're just preparing your kids for college eating habits at a young age ;)