Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seek

It has been awhile since I have posted anything. We have been busy on our spring break and I could tell you about our trip to Atlanta and the aquarium. I could tell you about our continued potty training antics. I could tell you some crazy stories from work. But instead, I need to pour a little bit of my heart out today.

God has been showing me lately that He desires my whole heart. As amazingly simple as it sounds, I know that He cares for my EVERY need. Because He loves me. I have had an intense desire lately to be that person who is head over heels in love with her Lord. But this is so hard for me. Complete abandon is not my style. But I know that He is calling me to enter into this deeper place with Him. A place of trust and solace. A beautiful place. A scary place. A place that is so easily accessible if I just seek Him. Can it really be that simple?

I opened this blog post today. And it was as if God was speaking directly to me. Seek Me First Jill. That's it. Everything else will eventually fall into place. Stop talking about it, reading about it, thinking about it and do it. Seek Me.

And you know what....I will find.

3 comments:

Nothing but the Krums said...

Amen

J.P. Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.P. Robinson said...

To my wife, who is also my hero!

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm,all the days of her life.Give her the reward she has earned,and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:10-12, 31

So this isnt exactly the city gate, but the world wide web seems like a good place to start. So here goes--"My wife is amazing! That's right--she's incredible! I have been blessed beyond measure by her! I'll shout it from the roof tops (or at least from the comment section of her blog). I love you, Jill!