Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Me Time??

I thrive on time by myself. Not that I have very much of it, but it really is necessary for me to function as a "normal" person in my not so normal crazy life. Lately we have been running at the "break-neck" speed of summer. Since John Mark's summer break is only 6 weeks long and 3 days a week the kids are at Miss Heather's house, I have been trying to make our weekends and days off full of summer fun. We have been spending a lot of time at the pool. We have done crafts. We have been to the library. We have read books and watched a few episodes of Phineas and Ferb (BTW that is a HILARIOUS show!!). And yesterday evening it just hit me that I was done. I needed "me-time". We rushed out after dinner to a baptism and then to Costco. The kids were wired at both and grating on my last nerve. When we got home I told JP that if he cleaned the kitchen I would put the kids to bed. To which he replied "Why don't I clean the kitchen AND put the kids to bed and you go upstairs with a glass of wine?"!!! My Hero!!!!

So I had a little down time last night and it was good. But I woke up this morning still feeling restless. As I was getting the kids ready for school (and a sleepover at Miss Heather's), I was still feeling a little down trodden. It's funny because I have the whole rest of the day to myself until I go to work. I should be excited about it...right?

On the way to Miss Heather's it hit me...it is SOOOOO not about me. I didn't need "me-time" as much as I needed "me and God-time". So I came home, got on face (yes sometimes we need to do that) and cried out to the One who makes all things new. We spent some time together....just me and my Savior. He spoke, I listened. And NOW I feel refreshed. That is what I call a great day!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Beautiful post. I completely understand the need for "me time" that is really time being quiet with God.

J.P. Robinson said...

No--you're MY hero!