
Last night I cut Riley's bangs. She came down the stairs and asked her father, "Do I look beautiful Daddy". He responded, "You do look beautiful Riley. You are such a pretty girl." To which she replied, "Yes I am" and walked away. JP then said "But obviously not very humble".
But you know what? I'm glad she thinks she is pretty. She is going to be spending so much of her life (like all girls/women do) doubting her beauty. She'll worry too much about whether other people think she is pretty. Someday her father's opinion won't matter as much as some teenage boy. My prayer for her is that she always knows how beautiful she really is...inside and outside.
"The Kind is enthralled by your beauty. Honor Him, for he is your Lord" Psalm 45:11

6 comments:
absolutely... every girl should be humble, but thinking they're beautiful is the one exception to that rule! :)
As I've gotten to be around her more lately I can say unequivocally that she is beautiful inside and out.
Proverbs 31:30 - "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting: but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
ahh precious.
ahh precious
Our beautiful little Riley :)
Our beautiful little Riley :)
Post a Comment