Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

If you have not noticed, I have not really been blogging lately. It has not been that I have nothing to say (far from the contrary on that one!). It has not been that I have not had time (it really does not take that long!). But oh the sorrow....I have been computer-less. And therefore blog-less.

The old expression "when it rains it pours" seems to fit around here at the Robinson house. Just when we were in the middle of reconstructing our house after the burst pipe, and just after Riley was recovering from her surgery, JP had to leave for a week on a business trip. Originally it was supposed to be 11 days, so I was pretty glad it was only a week, but nevertheless (I love that word!) I was here at home all by myself. Making decisions about the house, organizing the schedules of all the laborers, taking care of the kids, working, painting cabinets, cleaning, trying to live in utter chaos.....all by myself. Yes, I am having a little pity party for myself here but hey, it is MY blog!

But that week ended and I survived. JP made it home safely only to spend the next week preparing to preach on Sunday. That requires at least 30 hours of work, so even though he was home, we did not see him very much. But it was okay. Until my computer crashed. It caught some virus and just stopped working. So now, on top of a busy life with home remodeling, trying to keep up with my husband's crazy schedule, trying to be a halfway decent mom, and working, I had NO COMPUTER!!! And I had a fair amount of "stuff" on that laptop that I wanted recovered.

I realized that I am a slave to technology. I used my iPhone to check email and get on Facebook, but it wasn't the same. I was frustrated and very sad.

Then this past Monday (6 days ago), JP took the day off and spent it with me, doing family stuff. He assembled our new kitchen table and then took me to Mac Authority!!! I'll admit, he was definitely more excited than I was, but hey, I am new to all this Mac stuff and you it's hard to be excited about the possibilities if you don't even understand what they all are! I was just happy to have a computer again! And I am already loving being a Mac user. I guess it is something you don't understand til you try it!

So now that things are somewhat back to normal around here at the Robinson house, we are tightening up the purse strings. It seems like money has been running through our fingers like water (between the house and computer issues!). But March 1st starts "The ABCs of Financial Freedom" at our church and boy am I glad. And I am praying for the end to this "rainy season".

No comments: