So I've been doing this study on Believing God. Sure I've always believed IN God, but do I really BELIEVE Him? Do I have the faith that He is who He says and that He can do mighty things in my life? And is that more than just head knowledge? These are the questions I've been pondering lately. So this week I was meditating on Hebrews 11:6 (which by the way is JP's life verse) "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and He rewards those who earnestly seek Him". And it got me thinking and asking myself if I have been earnestly seeking God.
I started by evaluating where I spend my time. Of course there are the essential things that I need to do each day (take care of the kids, the house, work, etc), but am I seeking God as I do those things? And what about the rest of my time? What am I doing there? I came to the ugly truth that my priorities are all wrong. And one of the biggest areas I have been convicted about is my computer use. I am a Facebook junkie. I check Facebook at least 10 times a day. Often neglecting the kids or the housework or more importantly GOD because I am on Facebook. So I am starting in my quest to earnestly seek God by limiting my computer use. I am vowing (in front of you my faithful blog readers) to only spend 30 minutes a day on Facebook and 30 minutes a day reading/writing blogs. So there you go. It may seem like a small step, but I think it is one in the right direction.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aw boo! Just joking. We all find a small escape in something don't we?!
I totally understand. I am definitely a computer junkie too.
DANG...this is awesome, Jill. I truly applaud this step...one that I should definitely consider as well.
I definitely pray that He will reveal Himself more and more to you as you "earnestly seek Him"! (interesting that I wrote on a similar topic just now...:)
Post a Comment