Our small group has been under construction during the summer. First we lost the Muirheads when they moved to London. I won't dwell on this or I may get teared up. Then when we were getting ready to start up after the summer, the Harmans decided to start a Financial Peace small group. This was a really good decision for them since Josh works for Dave Ramsey. But then we were left with us and the Wests. We knew that we wanted to add some families to our small group and boy did we luck out!
We added the Chapmans. I'm excited about this because Denise was the winner (and only applicant) of my New BFF contest! But seriously, JP and I love the Chapmans. We have similar interests and get along great.
Next add the Goodwins. Beth and I have been developing a friendship based originally on the common ground of two year old girls. But the more time we spend together, the more I know that this friendship has fabulous potential! And I can't wait to get to know Cam better too!
Then add the Cooleys. I have known Jeff and Heidi for awhile but not really known them well. They also have a two year old daughter who Riley loves. My favorite part of adding them to our group was learning that Heidi loves scrapbooking! Really I am excited that they are part of this group because I know they will bring so much to this group!
All of this added to us and the Wests. The Wests who have become family to us over the last two years. They are closer than friends and the product of what a small group is supposed to be.
So last night we kicked off our New Small Group. A great beginning for a great group. Okay God....do your thing!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
amen sister. We are SO excited to kick this off Sat. and know God has great things in store for us.
p.s. i'll try the scrapbook thing again but i'll need guidance on what to start with:) I have all the scissors and some other junk!
See you Sat!
geez...what an AWESOME group!!
Post a Comment