Monday, May 26, 2008

Why do you need to GRADUATE from preschool?!


Last week John Mark had his preschool graduation. JP and I spent a lot of time mocking the concept of a preschool graduation. I mean really, what are you really graduating from? Playing outside? Knowing your ABC's? Now don't get me wrong, I love the kids' preschool. It has been a great experience for John Mark and I love that Riley still has three more years there. But we thought it was kind of silly that we had to go to this graduation. I told JP that if the kids had on caps and gowns that I would leave. But it turned out to be great. The kids sang a couple of songs and then walked across the stag to get their "diploma" and a new Bible. At the end John Mark's class sang "What a Wonderful World" and much to my surprise, I actually felt a few tears in my eyes! It suddenly hit me that this little boy who was just a tiny little baby is growing up. And in just a few weeks he'll be getting on the bus and going off to kindergarten. And even though I swear I never cry, I'll probably shed a few tears on that day too. And then head into the house to celebrate with Mimosas!

No comments: