Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home


We are back at home after a weekend housesitting. It was good to walk through the door and be in our own kitchen last night (even if it is 1/4 the size of the kitchen there!). Today we are not leaving the house. I absolutely love days like this. It speaks to my inner hermit. I love not having any pressure to run around and be places on time. I love sleeping until the kids come and jump in my bed. I love burning candles and listening to music as I clean and do laundry. So glad to be home!


In other news, the project of today has been potty-training Riley. She has been telling us at least once a day for the past week that she has to "go potty" and every time she will actually go. So since we are home today, off came the diapers and on went the underwear. She has done really well so far. We have only been through 5 pairs of underwear by 12pm! But they have only been small accidents that let her know that it is time to run to the potty. I am hoping this is a quick training session because I am really tired of buying diapers. Now I just have to invest in M&M's as a reward for all involved in this potty training adventure!

No comments: