Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Think He Actually Gets Me

For the past 9 years of marriage, JP has lovingly discovered and pointed out many of my "quirks". Those things that are just so odd that only an adoring husband can put up with them. Like how I have to sleep with a divider pillow between us because heaven forbid that even his toe touches me in the middle of the night I might die. You know, those sort of things. We usually laugh and I try to figure out how on earth he puts up with me. He always claims that he doesn't understand me, but he loves me just the same.

When I work nights, JP usually sleeps on my side of the bed because it is closer to the alarm. But I discovered a few months ago that when he sleeps on my side of the bed, he uses my pillows! This is just not acceptable. So I admitted yet another one of my "quirks" and asked him to PLEASE not use my pillows. Because then I will have to go and get new ones.

Well last night I came to bed at 3am (after getting off of work around 1am). I looked into the bed and there was JP on my side with MY pillows. I began to hyperventilate a little, but what was I going to do? I couldn't really rip them out from under his head, although that thought did cross my mind. So as I lay down on his side of the bed and fluffed HIS pillows, he reached under his head and pulled out my pillows to give them to me. I hadn't said anything and I'm not sure he was really awake either. But after all these years, I think he just "gets" me. Ahhhh marital bliss.

1 comment:

Nothing but the Krums said...

must be a Gibbins thing. I would have reacted the same way. I think I would also be upset that my pillow wasn't cold anymore