OK, so I am coming off of my blog strike. No I was not protesting anything except maybe life. It's not a very interesting story, but for those of you who were wondering where I was here goes.
I have always loved Christmas. Next to my birthday (the national holiday that is July 10th), it is my favorite time of year. I love the decorations, the music, the baking, the spiritual side....all of it. But this year, Christmas and I just didn't click. I still can't put my finger on it, but I just never caught the Christmas spirit. Oh I still did the decorating and made my 117 handmade Christmas cards and listened to the Christmas carols, but I just wasn't into the holiday. In fact, I did minimal baking and didn't even make my famous Christmas candies (sorry to those who are normally recipients of those!). I spent the month in a blah mood. I was having headaches for no reason for most of the month, but I don't attribute the way I was feeling to that. I really don't attribute it to anything...I'm not that analytical. So instead of posting negative posts that were all bitter, I went on strike.
Then the week after Christmas was a whirlwind for us. I worked two horrific nights in a row. I was busy getting JP ready to take 70 people on a ski trip (and I was responsible for all of the paperwork and forms and money....yadayada). My parents came for a visit. I had to clean the house the best I could. And we had a wedding which JP officiated so we had the rehearsal and the wedding commitments. Yikes! So on New Year's Day JP left for 4 days. On January 2nd, my parents left and I just crashed.
Then I kicked it into gear....and got the house in order!
So now it is a new year and I am feeling pretty good about things. I am going to try a new work schedule that consolidates my days. I am committing to read through the New Testament in a year with our church. I am headed back to the Rec Center to work out. I am determined to keep our house picked up. I am dedicated to setting aside time each week to scrapbook. None of these are resolutions, just needed changes that will hopefully prevent those blah times that necessitate a blog strike!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you're back...We need to get the girls together to play soon. Give me a call when you can ;)
so glad to see you back on here, my friend! :)
okay so I'm getting a membership at the Rec Center in the next couple of days...we should go together sometimes! or do a class...or something..
Post a Comment