For those of you who don't know...I work night shift. That means I am coming home when everyone else is going to work in the morning. Because of our crazy schedules at home, I usually get up at 6:30 the morning before I go to work and then go to bed at 8:30 the next morning. I know it is not ideal, but reality.
Yesterday I left work a little early (6:30), hoping to catch some extra sleep. But instead I hit a HUGE traffic jam. 65 South was shut down between Concord Road and Moore's Lane. They were directing EVERYONE off the interstate at Concord Road. It was not stop and go traffic. It was just plain stopped. It took me two hours to go one mile! Yikes. And to top it all off, my good old reliable 1995 Saturn does not like idling. After awhile it heats up to the point of overheating. So I had to turn off my car in between moving 5 inches. Then when I got off the interstate, it took me an additional hour to get home just because everyone else was on those roads now.
Thankfully, I had my beloved iPhone. I watched 3 episodes of Scrubs, checked my email, checked my facebook, texted some friends, called some friends, even read a book. When I finally got home it was 10:10am. 3 hours and 40 minutes after I left work "early". I do not want to get back in that car again for a long time!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Now way! Hey, I'm mad you didn't call me;)
Hope y'all have a fun weekend!! xoxo
ahhhh Jill. I can't believe you got stuck in that. I had co-workers that didn't even get to work until noon that day. CRAZY!!!
Post a Comment